Monday, February 5, 2018

Throw Together Soup - Great Taste from Canned! (IMO)

     Seems like life takes over sometimes.  I had intended to post this prior to the Super Bowl, which at least was a good game even though I was more interested in the food than what happened on the field.  Made the Honey BBQ wings with Chicken Thighs and they were divine.  Of course I used my Instant Pot to cook the chicken to fall off the bone perfection in 12 minutes. I use this recipe Divine Honey BBQ Wings thanks Christine!  I also made Artichoke Dip, not in my Instant Pot (I know its a total sin!).  However the purpose of this week late post is to talk about what I call Throw Together Soup!  Here is the finished product:
     This was made with all canned vegetables, I added crushed chips (the last of the bag) and a little cheese at the end to finish the soup.  It was filling, had a wonderful touch of warmth, and had great flavor.  These are they ingredients:
     Throw Together Soup
1 can Cubano Refried Beans (It has Cuban spices and some peppers in it.)
2 cans of Kidney Beans (Black beans would work as well. ) 
2 cans of Green Beans
1 can of Whole Corn
1 tbs of Montreal Steak Seasoning
6 cups of Chicken Stock
(I added a hand full of already cooked bacon bits before the cooking phase, because Bacon makes everything better!)

Crushed Corn Chips to finish on the top
1 large pinch of Cheddar Cheese on top of the chips.

Instructions:

1- Make up your Chicken Stock (I use Knorr Chicken Stock.) I put mine in my Blendtec Blender.
     Pour half the chicken stock in to your Instant Pot and reserve the rest in the blender.  Turn the             Instant Pot onto Saute to get it heating. (This reduces the amount of time it takes to come to                 pressure!)

2- Open the refried beans and dump it into the blender.  Drain and rinse the Kidney Beans and also           dump those into your blender. (It is critical to rinse the beans as they will cause the soup to be             gritty if you don't.)  Blend the mixture until smooth.  Add the entire mixture to the Instant Pot             with the boiling Chicken Stock, it should be close to boiling, but it is not critical.  (I blend the             beans because my kids are not fans of the whole beans.)


3- Add Montreal Steak seasoning.  Drain green beans and corn and add to the mixture.  Close the             Instant Pot and set to sealing on Manual for 10 minutes.
4 - QR and stir the soup.  Spoon it into bowls, take crushed corn chips and cheese to garnish the top.  Enjoy!

     I liked this soup, because it was quick to make, tasted great, and was filling for me and my family.  It also answers that pernicious question of whats for dinner!  Good Luck in your Instant Pot Adventures and remember if you are not having fun, then you are doing it wrong!  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment