Friday, January 5, 2018

It's Creamy Potato Soup Time

    Tonight I am going to make Creamy Potato Soup, because it is date night and my wife and I will be gone.  I still want my kids to have a healthy, flavorful dinner that they enjoy.  I don't know about your kids, but mine will play games and forget about food, so my wife and I like to give them some good options.  This is the recipe that I will be following: Instant Pot Potato Soup, thanks Tricia!  I already know that I will be modifying it slightly.  I love the addition of other vegetables, but also some color, so I will be adding carrots, and chives for their color and flavor.  (One of the reasons that I love the IP is it is easy to make soups and stews with little to no prep time, especially if you have a dicer like this: OXO Good Grips Vegetable and Onion Chopper with Easy Pour Opening - except mine is the old version, which was round and I long since lost the base, but it sure does process veggies fast!) This is my old dicer!



      I wash my veggies, slice the potatoes into about half inch rounds and push them through the dicer.




     I do the same with the carrots.  You could also use it for the white or yellow onion, however I just cut up my green onions or chives.  I toss all of it in to the Instant Pot with the chicken stock made to instructions (I am told that better than bullion is amazing, though I haven't tried it yet.  I use Knorr because it is cheap and easy. This is the blended chicken stock with garlic tossed in.


  I will toss in the garlic and some Montreal Steak seasoning from McCormick, along with some shredded chicken that I have leftover from another meal.  Once it has finished cooking, then I will add the shredded cheese, a half cup of sour cream (rather than cream cheese), and I love cream of chicken soup , so will add that to make it extra creamy.  I don't have any bacon right now, but it should taste pretty good.

This is my version:

     The soup turned out great.  All my kids loved it and it was finished in less than 30 minutes.  I would call that a success by any measure.  Even cooler, I had left overs to enjoy tomorrow!

I know you didn't come to my blog to learn about movies, but I have to give a shout out to one of the best movies I have seen in years: The Greatest Showman!  The music is spectacular, the story true or otherwise is compelling, and the quality is on a par with Les Miserables.  It is the first soundtrack that I have purchased in over a decade. In my opinion, the critics are fools.  It is a great feel good movie and left you joyous and happy as you left the theater.  Hugh Jackman once again shows his singing and dancing chops.


No comments:

Post a Comment