Friday, January 12, 2018

Cleaning that annoying spot at the top of your pot

     In the Instant Pot community, we regularly have visitors ask how everyone keeps the spot at the top of your pot clean.  I have literally responded to that question a few times and I thought perhaps I would post what my solution is to the problem.  


     I have seen fancy solutions that involve specialized tools that you have to order on Amazon, which isn't a bad thing, just more than I was willing to do.  Then I saw microfiber wash cloths at All a Dollar:  

     I took one and put it in soapy water and rolled at illustrated.  Then I take one end and thread it under the metal flanges on the top of the IP and pull it in a circle to the back part of the IP where it is easy to access any gunk that comes out.  Like this:


     This is me pulling as explained:


Normally, I would use both hands as it sometimes wants to pop out where it is slightly thicker!

     I end up with a clean pot and it takes little to no time to do it.  I do it first with my hot soapy water when I am cleaning up the mess from cooking, which thanks to the IP isn't much!  Mostly it consists of measuring spoons, cups, and clean plates after dinner.  

     I hope that this is a helpful tip!



No comments:

Post a Comment